- medium pot OR
- microwave-safe bowl
- fine mesh sieve
- 1 cup glutinous rice (also sold as Thai, sticky, or sweet rice)
Serve alongside any Omsom Thai Larb dish!
Prep your rice:
- Rinse 1 cup rice in cold water 2-3 times, or until water runs clear.
In a rice cooker:
- Soak the rice in a bowl with enough cold water to cover, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat water in a pot and make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the sieve basket.
- Once boiling, drain water from rice, and place grains in sieve. Place sieve with rice in the pot above the boiling water.
- Spread grains evenly, cover with a lid, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Lightly fluff with a fork. Continue cooking for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Enjoy!
In the microwave:
- Place rinsed rice in a microwave safe bowl and add 1 ¼ cup water. Cover with a plate and microwave for seven minutes at 850 watts.
- Remove plate, fluff rice, and cover rice, continue cooking for four minutes.
- Remove plate, fluff rice, and recover rice, continue cooking for three minutes. Check that rice is tender. Enjoy!