- 1 Omsom Filipino Sisig Starter
- ¾ Ib. chicken thigh, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups Thai basil (can substitute with Italian)
- 3 cups neutral oil for frying
- 3/4 cup sweet potato starch (can substitute with same amount of tapioca or corn starch)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
Recipe from community member, Hanna (@hanseabright).
Marinate your chicken!
- Combine chicken, egg white, Omsom sauce, salt, and a few dashes of MSG. Marinate for 15 minutes (or overnight for a deeper flavor).
Let’s get cooking!
- Combine sweet potato starch and baking powder in a bowl. Toss marinated chicken in the starch mixture, until each piece is coated all over.
- Heat oil to 325°F in a skillet and gently drop chicken in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for approximately ~2 minutes.
- Fry basil for 30 seconds. Combine with chicken and sprinkle salt and MSG to finish.